Friday, April 11, 2014

House show report 4/10

While talking to Spanky the topic of the goal of musical pursuits came up, I stated that, having the free time to write, the therapy from screaming, and the ability to play somewhere once a month or so would be ideal. Reflecting upon this conversation I decided to make an attempt. I wrote an note introducing myself and/or asking for assistance and sent out a bunch of messages on the space book. The opportunity to play came rather quickly. The DIY community was willing to help. The show went off pretty well. I have been working more on playing slower and to sing coherently. I heard this advice many times but in the spirit of storytelling and Bukowski, I am going to say I took the advice from a drunk man at a bar. I played my set and while the room filled then emptied while the songs came out. It seemed those who stayed were into it. Three things happened that make the show a success. One, I was asked to play another show. Two, a few people told me that they liked the songs. Three, To explain this one you need to know how I table. I lay out the cdrs, stickers, buttons, pamphlets, a legal size notebook for comments, a sign stating the price is on a sliding scale from 0 to anything, and a tofurky box with a whole in the top for money to be dropped into. Someone put in a 5. I got the 5 walked it over to the touring act and got a cassette.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critiques, criticism, comments, and judgements are to be left here.